Saturday, November 24, 2012

Santa Claus, Please Accept My Heartfelt Apology

I have a confession to make: Today, I made Santa Claus cry. But, in my defense, he does have a very big heart! You see, today my family and I went on a trolley ride with Santa. As you can imagine, it was a whole lot of fun for both young and old alike.

When it was our turn, Santa asked my kids if they were good and also asked what they wanted for Christmas. And then, well...Then he asked me the same questions. And suddenly, without realizing what I was doing, I looked poor dear Santa Claus right in the eyes and choked through my tears, "Please Santa, I'm very sick, and all I want for Christmas this year is a cure for Lyme disease."

And Santa--sweet, jolly Santa--looked back at me with big tears in his eyes, caught completely and utterly off guard.  Oh dear lord, what have I just done?? I just made jolly old Saint Nick cry! He didn't know what to say; and I don't blame him. Now I know why he only asks kids what they want for Christmas!

So let me just take this minute to apologize:

Dear Santa,
I'm sorry I made you cry.

Love,
Alyson

PS Thanks for my pony.
PPS I will leave you extra cookies this year.

1 comment:

  1. I know this if off topic but I'm looking into starting my own weblog and was curious what all is needed to get setup? I'm assuming having a blog like yours would cost a pretty penny?
    I'm not very web smart so I'm not 100% certain.
    Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

    Many thanks

    Here is my homepage ... Ladies Golf Gloves

    ReplyDelete